I rarely eat desserts these days. The main reason is that I’m very sensitive to sugar and get mouth ulcers when I do indulge. It makes it easier to eat clean when you know that a few chocolates will result in painful ulcers for a week or more!
When I found this recipe I decided to try it because it as it’s sugar-free, gluten-free and ingredients are minimal. Plus, who doesn’t like brownies?
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup – Honey
- 1/3 cup – Coconut oil melted
- 1 tablespoon – Nut butter
- 1/2 cup – Coconut Flour
- 1/2 cup – Cocoa
- Dark chocolate 70% or higher
- Handful of mixed nuts
- Sea salt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 170 °C.
- Line a baking pan with grease proof paper.
- In a bowl add the melted coconut oil (allow to cool), with the eggs, the honey and the nut butter.
- Mix ingredients manually or on a low-speed into a smooth batter.
- Add coconut flour and cocoa and mix well.
- Crush half a dark chocolate bar (50g approx) with nuts. These will form little pieces inside the brownies so size is optional.
- Pour batter onto grease proof paper and spread mixture to preferred thickness.
- Bake for 13 – 18 minutes.
- Check brownies by passing a knife through them. If the knife comes out clean the brownies are ready.
- Season with sea salt.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack.
- When brownies have cooled remove grease proof paper and cut in slices.
- Enjoy your delicious paleo friendly brownies!